Smart Talk Audio Series -- NOW ON CD!
Covert Bailey’s unique ability to present complex physiology and nutrition concepts in a straightforward, easy-to-understand style continues to change lives. Our customers asked for more of Covert, so we are now offering Covert's Smart Talk Audio Series in a four-CD package. The Covert Bailey Smart Talk CD Package includes the original seven audio tapes he recorded before he retired.
The Smart Talk CD Package is a collection of health and fitness stories with topics ranging from osteoporosis to over-training to the life of a bite of ice cream. Sometimes Covert really digs in giving you detailed, scientific information, and sometimes he sits back and shares his personal stories about dogs and cats and cows and bringing up children. It's a delightful combination!
Buy these, and you’ll listen, learn, laugh, and enjoy.
How do scientists find the vitamins in a food?
Caffeine and heart attacks
Do I dare eat eggs?
What happens if I don't eat fiber?
What is the most nutritious food?
Fruits vs. fruit juices
- Growing up at Covert’s house
- Four nutrition rules that will never ever change
- Osteoporosis – hormones and diet
- Fat Eskimos – why don’t they have heart attacks?
- 2% milk is really 37% fat!
- Refined women are okay – refined foods are not!
- How many raisins do I need to get my iron?
- Why do cows get fat on a low fat diet?
- Must you always aim for the center of the food target?
- Do you need more food in the winter?
- Not all food additives are bad
- What does it take to get a true vitamin deficiency?
- Covert talks about potatoes
- Covert and his rats in graduate school
- Is it okay to exercise after eating?
- What’s the best food to take mountain climbing?
- Take the fat out of food and drown it in water
- Fit people need to eat sugar!
- How does Covert exercise?
- What does it mean if my cholesterol or my triglycerides are high?
- Alcohol, your liver, and cholesterol
- How come God gave us fat?
- What’s this about “good” and “bad” cholesterol?
- What happened to that ice cream cone you ate?
- The effect of fiber on cholesterol
- Covert takes a look at atherosclerosis
- Covert’s prejudice—exercise can cure almost anything
- Do fit people heal faster than unfit people?
- What is oxygen uptake?
- Hot and heavy breathing—are your lungs out of shape?
- Running is the most natural thing a human can do
- Why you should warm up before exercise
Our listeners say, "How can one man be so wise, entertaining, and educational all at the same time!"
- Why do men get fat in their belly and women get fat in their thighs?
- Physical stress vs. emotional stress
- Why does a woman’s fat jiggle more than a man’s?
- What is cellulite?
- Low fat women, menstruation, and pregnancy
- Why is abdominal fat more dangerous than thigh fat?